Thursday, September 3, 2026

0


      “I am El-Shaddai—‘God Almighty.’ Serve me faithfully and live a blameless      life”  — Genesis 17:1

When God Introduces Himself

The Bible reveals many names of God, and each name unveils something of His character, nature and ways. When God reveals a name, He is revealing something about who He is.

At ninety-nine years old, Abraham was probably very aware that time was running out. God had promised him that he would become “the father of many nations,” yet the circumstances seemed increasingly impossible.

Abraham and Sarah had even tried to help God fulfil His promise through Hagar. Perhaps they thought, God needs a little assistance here!

But God didn’t need Abraham’s help. He needed Abraham’s faith.

So God came to him and declared, “I am God Almighty” (Genesis 17:1). The Hebrew name is El Shaddai—the Almighty God, the All-Sufficient One.

It was as though God was saying, Abraham, I am not limited by your limitations. I am not restricted by your circumstances. I don’t need human ingenuity to accomplish what I have promised. I am more than enough.

God Is Never Late

We are often in a hurry, aren’t we? We look at the calendar. We watch the clock. We calculate the possibilities. We wonder if we’ve missed our moment. Abraham and Sarah knew what it was to wait. They knew what it was to receive a promise from God and then watch the years pass.

But God operates beyond our understanding of time.

Peter reminds us,

“With the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like one day. The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness” (2 Peter 3:8–9).

What looks like delay to us is not necessarily delay to God. There is an appointed time.

When Abraham later wondered how God’s promise could possibly come to pass, the Lord asked him,

“Is anything too difficult or too wonderful for the Lord?” (Genesis 18:14).

What a question! Perhaps that is the question you need to answer today.

Is anything too difficult for El Shaddai?

More Than Enough

Maybe you are facing a financial impossibility. Perhaps there is a family situation that seems beyond repair. Maybe you’re waiting for healing, provision, breakthrough, direction or an answer to prayer. Remember His name. El Shaddai.

He is not almost sufficient. He is not barely enough. He is the All-Sufficient One.

Scripture says, “The cattle on a thousand hills” belong to Him (Psalm 50:10). And if God “did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all,” Paul asks, “how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?” (Romans 8:32).

And Philippians 4:19 declares,

“My God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.”

So lift your eyes today. Don’t let the size of your problem become greater than your revelation of God. Your God is bigger.

Trust His timing. Trust His promises. Trust His wisdom. Trust His provision.

What He has promised, He is able to fulfil. El Shaddai has not changed. He is still Almighty. He is still all-sufficient.

And nothing is too difficult for Him.

Believe & Confess Meditation & Declaration

El Shaddai is my Almighty God, and nothing is too difficult for Him (Genesis 17:1; Genesis 18:14). I trust God’s timing because He is never late and His promises will be fulfilled (2 Peter 3:8–9). My God supplies every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19). Because God gave His Son for me, I can trust Him to graciously provide everything I truly need (Romans 8:32). I will not be anxious, because my heavenly Father knows what I need (Matthew 6:31–32). I trust the Lord with all my heart and refuse to lean on my own understanding (Proverbs 3:5–6).

If this message has encouraged you today, share it with your friends on social media or send it to someone by email. Someone you know may need to remember today that El Shaddai is still more than enough!

Can we pray for you? With God all things are possible and all things are possible to those who believe. We want to stand with you and lift your needs to before the Lord. This is the confidence we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will He hears us, and if we know He hears us, we know we have the petitions we desired of Him. You can submit a prayer request or request for a Prophetic word here.   https://www.dailypropheticwordsofgod.com/services

0 comments:

Post a Comment