Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Double Portion Prophets Arise! New Eyes to See and Greater Accuracy

0

Just as the world is experiencing significant change right now, there is also a great shift taking place in the Body of Christ. I believe in the headlines of this is a monumental prophetic movement that is now beginning to come into full phase. There has always been a synergy or parallel between prophets and government as true "office" prophets are called to influence and speak the heart and mind of God into those arenas; and its clear that we are truly on the cusp of the Church's greatest season of prophetic revolution as prophets are rising up to the call.
No example is better than that of the recent US elections where we witnessed a surge of mighty prophets rising to the plate, risking reputation and public scrutiny to speak God's heart to the nation. These modern-day Joseph's are being summoned by the Pharaohs of this world who are hungry and desperate for Heaven's wisdom, as they can see the limitations of man's ability. This demand has drawn out these new voices out of hiding to speak Heaven's answer over earthly problems.
Right now many prophets are coming into their bloom years. With that, I feel I want to give you some insight into what I believe God is doing in you right now.
God is Enlarging Your Place
In the beginning of October, as we entered into the new Jewish year, I kept hearing, "It's time for the double portion prophets to arise!" The Lord led me to the story of Elisha who, as we know, was the successor of Elijah and given a double portion of his anointing..
The company of the prophets said to Elisha, "Look, the place where we meet with you is too small for us. Let us go to the Jordan, where each of us can get a pole; and let us build a place there for us to meet." And he said, "Go." Then one of them said, "Won’t you please come with your servants?" "I will," Elisha replied. And he went with them. They went to the Jordan and began to cut down trees. As one of them was cutting down a tree, the iron ax head fell into the water. "Oh no, my lord!" he cried out. "It was borrowed!" The man of God asked, "Where did it fall?" When he showed him the place, Elisha cut a stick and threw it there, and made the iron float. "Lift it out," he said. Then the man reached out his hand and took it. (2 Kings 6:1-7)
I believe this passage speaks prophetically about the current state of the prophetic movement. We have dwelt in a small and confined place in the Church but God is taking prophets out of confinement, isolation, and obscurity and into action as effective mouthpieces for the Kingdom. Where in some streams the Church has not seen a need for prophets, I believe we are in the hour that prophets will be sought out to compliment and complete the five-fold governance.
He is Defining You
Looking back at the above Scripture, even the fact that the ax was borrowed lends to the thought that these men didn't own their own. They were using someone else's ax and lost it, and it was only by the power of God that it was recovered. In that same way, it is only by the power of God that we as prophets can operate. We can't flow through dry wineskins, full of hot air, void of power. God is defining your flavor and honing your message so that He can fire you like a sharpened arrow into the place you will be most effective.
Maybe you have suffered under the slave master of comparison, measuring yourself to others and struggling to see how you differ from the rest. This is the hour that you and other prophets of different expressions will emerge onto the scene embracing their own flavor: prophets who are unique and do not have to mimic or copy others, and as they release from that place of authenticity, a sonic boom of Kingdom power will resound. 
He is Sharpening You
The ax head in verse 5 also represents sharpness and precision—also wisdom. The kind of discernment, like in verse 12, was the ability to hear the words and plots of the enemy. More than ever before, prophets need to be armored up and looking ahead, keeping their spiritual senses alert at all times. God is increasing your perception to incoming attacks, so you can move on the offense against principalities of darkness.
Now the king of Aram was at war with Israel. After conferring with his officers, he said, "I will set up my camp in such and such a place." The man of God sent word to the king of Israel: "Beware of passing that place, because the Arameans are going down there." So the king of Israel checked on the place indicated by the man of God. Time and again Elisha warned the king, so that he was on his guard in such places. This enraged the king of Aram. He summoned his officers and demanded of them, "Tell me! Which of us is on the side of the king of Israel?" "None of us, my lord the king," said one of his officers, "but Elisha, the prophet who is in Israel, tells the king of Israel the very words you speak in your bedroom. (2 Kings 6:8-12)
He is Strengthening You
We have all struggled with fear but I feel that the Lord is increasing courage and strength to us for the days ahead. Elijah who was Elisha's predecessor was so terrified by the threats of Jezebel wanting to take his life that he went and hid. The enemy knows that fear will muzzle a prophet unlike anything else, so he has always tried to intimidate using the fear of man so we retreat and do not accomplish or fulfill our callings.
I prophesy those days are over for you and that you will move into an era of ferocious and unwavering obedience to release the words you are given!
"Don’t be afraid," the prophet answered. "Those who are with us are more than those who are with them." (2 Kings 6:16)
He is Upgrading You
The prerequisite to the double portion Elisha received was as Elijah said, "You must SEE ME as I am taken up." It was Elisha's dedication to SEEING Elijah ascend that qualified him to receive double from his teacher. In that same way, it is our focus in keeping our eyes on Jesus that enables Him to add to us, because as we behold Him, we become like Him and become accustomed to His voice. Jesus only did what He SAW His Father doing and that models to us how important it is to be in constant connection.
And Elisha prayed, "Open his eyes, Lord, so that he may see." Then the Lord opened the servant’s eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha." (2 King's 6:17)
Prophetic people were never designed to operate in generalities but be able to see with relative accuracy, and I believe this is where the prophetic is headed.
A few years ago, I heard Shawn Bolz deliver accurate words of knowledge at a conference when I had a vision of an elevator that appeared and its doors open. I stood in with others and it went up to the next floor. God was revealing to me that Shawn's gift grace was available to all, and that it would be the new floor, or the new norm. I prophesy over you that your EYES will be enlightened, that you are stepping into your divine upgrade, and receiving HD clarity in your sensitivity.
He is Taking You Higher
Earlier in the year, I had a vision where I was taken out of my house up above my neighborhood. I could see my street and my neighbors, but my scope was limited. Then I was taken up above my city, and then even higher until I could see the outline of my nation, then other nations as well.
This happened around the time of terror incidences that were taking place around the world and my heart was grieved. I hit a place where I was frustrated with the lack of insight we, as prophets, received to prevent these acts. I fasted for a week and asked the Lord to show me what His answer was to that. One day He said to me, "I'm raising up the Kim Clements in the earth."
Kim Clement is a powerful and unique worshiping prophet who receives detailed insight into global issues. I felt that He was showing me what He was doing behind the scenes, readying and releasing these same brand of prophets. I call them "prophetic global strategists."
Shortly thereafter, I started hearing stories and testimonies of this nature. For instance, lost and abducted children that had been found and intercessors who had surrounded certain areas of their cities in prayer and diverted disasters, all due to this special kind of prophetic insight. It was then that I too started having visions of cities and specific locations during worship so I could intercede and prophesy over global issues.
God is saying to you that in this season, He is taking you higher, from a suburban mentality and scope to a global scope. He is adjusting your prophetic senses to include the full spectrum of His design and you are being promoted up and being given much more responsibility and ability.
He is Refining You
In October we had an unusual and rare occurrence for our area, when we noticed a Monarch butterfly caterpillar crawling on a tree in our yard. Every day we would watch this caterpillar grow and change until he eventually made his chrysalis, ready to emerge a beautiful monarch butterfly. However, a few days into this process we noticed that the chrysalis was broken and the caterpillar had died. We were devastated! I discovered that a predator of the monarchs were a fly larvae that would be laid on the same leaves the caterpillars would eat. If the caterpillar ate them, these larvae would end up inside the caterpillar and eventually make their way out.
As new covenant prophets, we are called to love with no second motive, even when words are confronting. Love must be the vehicle, but I feel like God is still refining many of us that are still operating from orphan mind-sets and those that don't always live from an intimate place with the Father. The Lord told me that He is purifying and refining prophets motives so that we love well and represent His heart well. Just like the caterpillar, what we eat can either destroy us or help us emerge. If we aren't feeding on the love of God through communion and intimacy we may start to incubate the wrong thing.
He is Consecrating You
When I heard the Lord say to me recently that He was consecrating prophets in this season, I wasn't really sure what He meant at first. So I looked into it and I discovered two significant meanings to the word consecrate:
1.) To dedicate to a purpose of mission.
2.) To ordain to a sacred office or position.
What I feel God is doing is speaking to a deeper "yes" coming from the hearts of the sold-out prophets and He is handing out new assignments and orders for greater Kingdom impact. These are the ones that have stood faithfully and stewarded well what they had.
I also felt that there was another group who was in a stage of moving from one position to another. What I believe this to be is God changing your focus and expression. He is assigning you not just to a new mission but your name-plate is also changing.
We are living in an exciting time where you don't just watch from a backstage television, but you get to stand on the front line and witness the hordes of hell retreat in fear as you move towards the horizon. You are the prophetic movement, the sound, the pulse, the heart, and it's your moment to advance and live in the double portion anointing awaiting you!
Nate and Christy Johnston
 Everyday Revivalists
Email: everydayrevivalists@gmail.com
Website: www.everydayrevivalists.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment